Hi all--
I went and ran with the rabbits this morning over at the polo field. I only saw three jacks and very little sign, so Ive decided to modify the homework assignment.
There are jacks at the polo field, some near the hospital in the "park" by the commuter lot on the west side, and at other places around town as well. Pick a place you can find jackrabbits. Sketch a jackrabbit or two, sketch the sign (including scat), make a map, make notes.
Here's something additional to think about: there is a company called "green maps" that has local residents make maps of places in their community that might be important to people who care about the environment. At first glance, it might seem as if there wouldn't be much to map in LBB, but in reality, the list of what could go on such a map is almost endless: places to see wildlife, where to buy organically grown coffee or eggs from free-range chickens, good bicycle paths/routes, recycling centers, where you meet in a parking lot to buy grass-fed sustainable beef from Erin's uncle...
What would you put on such a map?
4 comments:
where is this parking lot to get grass-fed beef?
If you type in the secret code, I'll tell you...
what is this secret code?
If I told, it wouldn't be secret! Sheesh! ;)
Post a Comment