Flycasting lessons: Saturday, February 21, 9 Am, Tech Terrace Park. Please bring fly rods if you have them. I'll provide the "flies."
Fly-tying lesson and pizza: Sunday, February 22, 6 PM, Honors College Forum. Please bring vises if you have them. I'll provide the materials.
Assignment of next week: Is "Ma" a cartoon character? Why or why not?
Er, I can't remember the second prompt--someone leave a comment and tell me what it is, please!
UPDATE ON THE UPDATE: Eileen filled in the blanks on the second part of the prompt: Is it important to the rest of story how the characters of Ma, H20, and Bill Bob are drawn?
There was a third part, too, about whether the book has made you curious about fly-fishing, but I think the first two are sufficient.
Reading: Finish The River Why, and read "Angler Girl." The author of "Angler Girl" will be in class on Wednesday to answer any questions you might have about crafting the essay. She will also bring early drafts so that you can see how stinky they were. She will decline to sign autographs.
Finally, Sarah Vowell is coming to TTU on March 3. Check out this link: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/cvpa/college/president/
Free to the public, but reservations are required. I'll be there with Walu.
Remind me to talk about this (and why you should go hear her) in class next week...
2 comments:
Hi Dr. T,
Something along the lines of:
Is it important one way or another for the second part of the book that the author's characters are whole or not? (e.g Ma, H20, Bill Bob)
For those of us who haven't fly fished, did reading this book attract us to trying it? How so?
That might not be completely accurate... if it's not, let me know.
-Eileen
Thanks, Eileen!
Post a Comment